Job Listing Details
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the strategic and operational development of the benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary insurances.
- Administers the completion of forms for insurance benefits related to new hires, terminations, and life events/status changes.
- Conducts Benefits Orientation for all new hires within organization.
- Leads the annual open enrollment including the planning, communication, and administration of any changes including the Flexible Spending Account program.
- Assists in preparing Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Maintains a relationship with the third party benefit broker and maximizes the services available to Rittal and its employees.
- Responsible for the administration and compliance of the 401(k) Program. In conjunction with the 401(k) Provider, the position performs non-discrimination testing, loan processing, coordination of Retirement Committee meetings, and employee education. Administers all 401(k) records and loan applications.
- Serves as the primary contact for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and FMLA claims. The position ensures necessary forms are completed in compliance with laws and Rittal policies and updates HR records accordingly.
- Assists with the Worker’s Compensation program by updating wage records and facilitating actions with the third party vendor on individual cases.
- Maintains files in all areas of responsibility in an organized fashion for easy responses to management and audit inquiries.
- Leads Wellness initiatives throughout the Company, which may include educational events, promotion of wellness program, employee competitions, flu shots, health fair etc...
- Identifies creative ways to enhance benefit programs in a cost effective manner.
- Promotes the Employee Assistance Program with employees and managers for personal and professional use when appropriate.
- Reviews and processes all benefit related invoices ensuring accuracy and suitability for payment.
- Assists with preparation of various governmental reports and filings, including those associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Applicants can apply via: www.rittal.us/careers
Education and Work Experience:
College or University Degree Required. Prefer majors in Human Resources, Business, Math, or English.
Minimum 3 years of specialist experience in medical benefits and 401(k) administration.
Experience with mid to large manufacturing organization, including working directly with hourly manufacturing
Proficient in Microsoft Office products with good experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
Prior experience using a web based HRIS systems is required.
SAP experience preferred.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification preferred.
Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) Certification preferred.
Extensive knowledge of FMLA / HIPPA and its application in a corporate setting is required.
Work Environment: Must work in both office and plant floor environment. May be required to attend 3rd shift meetings approximately 4-6 times a year. May require overnight travel 3-5 nights per year.
Sit for long durations of time, up to 8 hours. Work at a computer and keyboard for majority of work time. Stand, walk, bend, twist, and reach frequently throughout the work shift. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, waist level.
Work in a fast paced environment, adapt to assignment changes easily, ability to multi-task, learn office procedures and learn and use new software. Must be detailed oriented; communicate effectively via oral and written with all levels of employees, vendors and customers.
Wear safety-toed footwear, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection and additional personal
protective equipment where required.
Direction & Decision Making:
Complete directives either given verbally or written, make and assist in determining logical decisions.