President - Elect
Current President - Elect
- Manager, HR Business Partner
Assist the President in overseeing all the activities of the chapter. In the absence of the President, perform all the Presidential responsibilities.
- The members of the chapter
- The Chapter President
- Perform all special projects as assigned by the President.
- Upon request, assist all officers in performing their responsibilities.
- Attend (and preside over, if necessary) all monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategy planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the Human Resources community.
- Utilize SHRM resources, board members, other local organizations, networking, etc. to find speakers.
- Confirm speaking engagement in writing, obtain meeting summary and biography for introductions and for newsletter, inquire about audio-visual equipment, special meal, or other amenities (i.e. transportation) required.
- Acquire and copy handouts as necessary.
- Follow-up with speaker two- and one-month prior and then one-week prior to meeting.
- Follow-up with Program Chair on hotel accommodations and for reordering thank you gift certificates.
- Greet speaker(s) and sit with speaker at lunch.
- Introduce speaker(s) and wrap-up meeting with speaker thank you gift.
- Take lead on annual Workshop and Vendor Fair.
- Coach and mentor to Networking Committee Chairperson.
- SHRM supplies the following resources for Chapter Vice-Presidents or Presidents-Elect:
- Chapter Achievement Plan
- Chapter Best Practices
- Chapter Financial Support Program
- Chapter Position Descriptions
- Guide to Chapter Financial Management
- Member Madness Program
- SHRM-Approved Graphics
- SHRM Leaders Guide
- SHRM Strategic Planning Toolkit
- And MUCH MORE... available online athttp://www.shrm.org/Communities/SHRMChapters/Pages/default.aspx.