College Relations Committee Chair
Current College Relations Committee Chair
- HR Manager
- Peerless Food Equipment
1695 Edgemere Way
Dayton , Ohio 45414
Manage the internship program, and college outreach efforts. Work with Edison Community College and Wright State University Student Chapters
- The members of the chapter
- The Chapter President
- Oversee the internship program.
- Send out requests to local HR professionals/chapter members requesting internship postings.
- Forward openings to members of local student chapters or to faculty members.
- Communicate with local faculty/colleges to provide classroom visits to discuss HR topics, the Chapter, internships/scholarships, SHRM membership, etc.
- Act as mentor to college students seeking a career in HR.
- Recommend community service projects to be supported by the chapter.
- Serve as liaison between members of the College Relations Committee.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategy planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the Human Resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.
- Include students in professional chapter meetings and programs.
- Provide student chapter assistance to participate in HR Games.
- SHRM supplies the following resources for Chapter College Relations Chairs
- Chapter Best Practices
- Chapter Position Descriptions
- SHRM Leaders Guide
- And MUCH MORE... available online at the Volunteer Leaders' Resource Center.
- SHRM's Student Programs Website is available at http://www.shrm.org/students/
- Here, you will find a toolkit to help you start a student chapter, work with students, start a mentor or intern program, and more.
- There is also a College Relations Toolkit which can be downloaded by clicking here.