Newsletter Committee Chair
Provide timely and comprehensive information to chapter members about programs, workshops, and other matters of interest via chapter newsletter.
- Recruit assistance from the membership and the Board for articles, survey questions, etc.
- Compile and edit final copy of the newsletter.
- Coordinate design and layout with external provider (currently Vision Technologies).
- Establish a reporting network, plan issues, and write the final copy (or edit copy supplied by others) for each issue.
- Coordinate production of the newsletter and production schedule.
- Ensure that issues go out on time.
- Periodically (e.g. every 2 years) survey membership regarding newsletter content, design, frequency, etc. to ensure appropriate responsiveness.
- Contribute or solicit from membership a professional development article for each issue.
- Provide monthly updates at the Board of Directors meetings.
- Attend all monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.
- Participate in the development of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the Human Resources community.
- Member of MVHRA and SHRM.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Internet browser software and Adobe Acrobat
- Accreditation as a PHR or SPHR desired.