MVHRA Membership Information for 2017
Special 50% Membership Dues Discount : Effective July 1st - Professional, Professional- in-Transition and HR Business Partner Membership Dues are discounted 50% for 2017.
|o Student||Still $10.00|
New memberships are effective on the date of approval and will expire on December 31, 2017.
Membership dues are as follows:
|Member Type:||Member Dues:||
Special Member Dues - Effective 7/1
|HR Business Partner:||
- Corporate Discount Professional (Two or more Professional Members of the same company) - $60 per member.
Benefits of MVHRA Membership
- Reduced rates for monthly membership meetings with guest speakers and professional workshops
- Monthly newsletters
- Monthly legislative updates
- Earn professional HR credits, including strategic, for both HRCI and SHRM certification designations.
- Certification Scholarships
- Free job postings & resume posting on MVHRA website
- Membership directory and numerous networking opportunities
- Free outplacement service for members in transition
MVHRA Membership Types and Qualifications
There are four types of membership: Professional, Professional in-transition, HR Business Partner and Student.
Professional Members - Professional Members have voting rights and may hold office in the Association. Professional Members shall be limited to:
•Those individuals actively engaged in a bona fide human resource function at the exempt or non-exempt level who devote at least 50% of their time to the areas of human resources or industrial relations (unemployed professionals will be considered for membership utilizing this criteria excluding the actively engaged requirement);
•Faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in human resources or industrial relations of their specialized phases at an accredited college or university and who possess at least three years of responsible experience at this level of teaching;
•Any individuals certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute.
Professional-in-Transition Members - Professional-in-Transition Members have voting rights and may hold office in the Association. Professional-in-Transition Members shall be limited to:
• Those individuals who find themselves currently unemployed but in a previous position would have made them eligible as a professional member and have a bona fide interest in HR; time in the Professional-in-Transition membership classification will expire at the next renewal date after the member attains a human resources position; at such time the individual will be eligible for consideration to renew as a Professional Member.
HR Business Partners - HR Business Partners Members have voting rights and may hold office in the Association. HR Business Partner Members shall be limited to:
- Individuals who are HR Business Partners, attorneys, or agents of any type who perform human resource functions, either of a temporary or permanent nature, for other companies for a fee with the intent to make a profit.
Student Members - Student members do not have voting rights nor may they hold office in the Association. Upon graduation, these individuals may continue their membership until gainfully employed (at which time they must apply for professional membership within 90 days of employment). Student Members shall be limited to:
- Individuals who are enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate Degree program at an accredited college or university, with an interest in Human Resources. This category does not apply to professional members pursuing a degree in addition to their primary occupation. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter/semester and graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum 6 credit hours per quarter/semester and be able to provide verification of a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects.
If you are interested in participating in a committee, look through the available options by clicking HERE.