Human Resources Manager
Job Listing Details
Position: Human Resources Manager Business Unit: Hartzell Industries
Location: Piqua, OH Department: Human Resources
Reports To: VP of Human Resources Date Created: 4/14/14
Basic Function: Plans and administers organization’s programs and policies related to the human resources function. Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies. Selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving problems. Knowledgeable of EEO laws and general human resources concepts. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in the identification of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, screens and selects employees as needed to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Coordinates training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, job descriptions, scorecards, sexual harassment, and other HR/personnel-related areas.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists in the selection and implementation of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability coverage, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Coordinates special projects and events throughout the year (i.e. job fairs, company picnic, United Way campaign, YMCA membership drive, Quarter Century Club banquet, etc.).
- Participates in wage and benefit surveys as required within labor market to determine competitive level of compensation and benefit programs.
- Coordinates the creation of job descriptions and scorecards in compliance with corporate and ADA guidelines.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Administers return-to-work program for workers compensations and other sick leaves.
- Represents organization as needed at personnel-related hearings and investigations including workers compensation and unemployment proceedings.
- Represents department/company in community and professional organizations such as HR Association of Western Ohio and the Chamber of Commerce Personnel Council.
- Assists on special assignments as required.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of pervious Human Resources experience is preferred
- Experience in strategic planning and execution is desired
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations is a must
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs is desired
- Some accounting education or experience preferred
- Computer proficiency, including intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing is required
Candidates can apply by simply emailing their resume to email@example.com