Benefits and Leave Specialist
Job Listing Details
Benefits and Leave Specialist
At Alternate Solutions Health Network (ASHN), we care for patients where they spend the majority of their time – in their homes. Today we care for patients who need skilled home care and hospice services. You won’t find our brand in many places because we partner with health systems, jointly running home health and hospice agencies that use their brand. This is part of our strategy. By being part of the health system team, we can ensure each patient has a well-coordinated care plan that remains consistent whether the patient is seeing their primary care physician, receiving treatment in a hospital, or under our care in the home.
HOW YOU'LL WORK:
You’ll administer corporate benefit and leave of absence programs across multiple locations. You will ensure that employees can successfully enroll in appropriate benefit options, understand how their benefits work and offer counsel employees on the use of company offered benefits and leave of absence programs. You’ll be responsible for maintaining up to date legal/regulatory knowledge and maintain compliance with all company policies and both state and federal regulations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations and assist with development of communications that best explain benefit programs to new and existing staff.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Coordinate COBRA administration with 3rd party vendor.
- Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted and act as liaison for contracted services related to Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment.
- Review, manage and track employee leave requests due to FMLA, WC and LOA while ensuring all relevant documentation is submitted timely for review.
- Maintains appropriate contact with employees on leave and partners with the HRBP and manager to coordinate the employee’s return to work.
- Partners closely with HRBPs on leave cases/claims and meets regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for an appropriate resolution.
HARD & SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to create positive impressions and communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to make appropriate judgments, handle conflict management and resolution comfortably, and to professionally handle confidential information.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capability to improve processes and systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and adaptability to new and changing technology/software use.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a business-related field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with Workday strongly preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Understanding of HR processes and basic employment law and compliance.
- Capable of all physical demands.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance with flexibility for you to select what works best for you. Eligible teammates receive paid time off and may participate in the 401K, if they choose. Historically the company has matched 401K contributions which helps build your nest egg even faster. Finally, our benefit program includes company paid life, disability insurance, and a robust Employee Assistance Program.