Human Resources Generalist
Job Listing Details
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join the Legrand Team in Dayton, OH.
Responsible for supporting employees and management in a wide variety of HR activities, including staffing and onboarding, compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, company events, training and development, health and safety administration (OSHA and Workers’ Comp), policy interpretation and application, compliance of labor laws/regulatory requirements, and HR/Payroll System transactions. Interfaces with Corporate HR staff on HR projects and implements new or revised policies, processes and programs and HR Operations on day to day HR activities.
Main Job Duties
- Compliance - As part of the Legrand HR team, assists with the development of policies, practices and procedures as it relates to Human Resources. Communicates and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures. Oversees all areas of Human Resources responsibilities to assure that all federal, state, and local regulations are complied with.
- Compensation & Benefits - Provides support to both employees and managers in compensation and benefits administration. Assists employees with benefits issues, mid-year changes, new employee benefits and related. Acts as a liaison between benefit carriers and/or LNA benefits staff and employees experiencing problems. Works closely with LNA benefits staff to prepare for open enrollment, coordinating open enrollment materials, employee communications, updating the system and resolving any issues that might arise. Leave of absence, disability and FMLA administration.
- Performance Management - Manages the performance review process for the assigned location(s). Monitors and reviews activity to ensure that each step in the annual performance cycle is being completed on a timely basis. Coaches managers and supervisors on conducting meaningful goal setting, development and performance feedback discussions. Assists the management team in crafting clear and defensible messages to employees with performance, behavioral, and/or other related issues.
- HRIS Support - Supports HRIS system administration. Handles generation and processing of job and personnel changes. Creates queries and ad hoc reports to provide data for a variety of audits, compensation planning, benefits billing, health and safety programs and related HR projects and activities. Supports payroll department with requests and attendance submissions.
- Employee Recognition - Manages a variety of projects and activities to support HR initiatives and employee relations/morale programs. This includes organizing and implementing employee events and meetings, employee wellness programs and other company sponsored activities.
- Recruitment & Staffing - Recruits, screens and refers internal and external candidates to fill open positions, including professional, support, production and temporary positions as required. Follows established hiring procedures to ensure that the successful candidate has gone through the required reference checks and screening procedures. Serves as a liaison with various staffing agencies and vendors to ensure compliance and fulfillment of business needs.
- Employee Onboarding - Coordinates the orientation of new and reassigned employees, including review of employee handbook/policies, overview of processes and procedures, introduction to physical location/layout, health and safety and related processes, etc. Ensures the documentation and maintenance of all employee personnel records.
- Employee Relations - Maintains positive employee relations with the workforce; counsels, mentors, and problem solves with supervisors and associates on matters of discipline, motivation, compensation, development, or other factors affecting success on the job; responds to employee requests for information on benefits, policies, or employment matters. Keeps HR and entity leadership informed of situations that arise.
- Health & Safety – Manages the worker’s compensation process; Supports OSHA safety compliance, including setting up mandatory training, upkeep of safety records and annual reporting. Ensures that entity is meeting requirements on posted information and materials, acquiring updates as needed.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field; equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience: Minimum 3 - 5 years of progressive HR experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of applicable State, Federal, and Local HR regulations.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and exceptional people skills, including the ability to interact with employees at all levels, as well as vendors and suppliers, in a professional and straightforward manner.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently. Must possess a thorough knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office, HRIS, ATS, and Talent Management systems.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business. Must be able to balance needs of people within the framework of business needs of company.
- HR Certification desired – PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext ( Legrand SA EPA: LR ) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com .
About Legrand North And Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us .
Apply at Legrand Jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer